Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 3rd - Girls Day

I had never heard of "Girls Day" before. My neighbor's husband is the Japanese Liaison and she told me about it. Yesterday, she invited us over for dinner and to show us the girls day decoration. It looks very similar to the second picture on this webpage. http://www.ginkoya.com/pages/girlsday.html Dinner was a new experience for me. We made sushi! There was a wide assortment of food to put inside it - ahi, crab, cucumber, avocado, salmon eggs and other things I don't know the name of!! It was delicious! Amelia tried some sushi but mainly ate the stuff inside it. Madalyn ate the rice, egg and sausage. Yuno shared some Japanese candy :) We also had clam soup, green tea, mochi, and a neopolitan looking dessert (can't remember the name). Another neighbor came to dinner too and his 3 year old son was running around eating the sushi and then later I saw him eating plain seaweed wraps! They are moving to Japan so he should love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment