Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby

It has been an emotional weekend. Last week, my Quad screen came back positive which meant that I needed further testing. I went in for the ultrasound today. The baby looked good and showed no signs of down syndrome. However, there were choroid plexus cysts on the brain. They can be harmless or they can be an indicator of Trisomy 18. The baby doesn't have any other indicators of Trisomy 18. The only way to get a definitive answer is to do an Amniocentesis and that test carries a risk of miscarriage. I go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound to determine if the baby is growing and healthy. They will also check the cysts to see if they go away or not. Please keep our baby in your prayers.

I did get some nice pictures of the baby. And I know what the baby is....but I can't tell anyone till we have a chance to tell Jeff!


1 comment:

  1. Catina,

    You and your baby will be in my thoughts and prayers. So many of those tests carry false positive results. I hope everything will be ok. I'm sure you are so excited to give Jeff the gender news. Hang in there...easier said than done, I'm sure!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete