Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Big Island Trip

I got home from Singapore on Thursday. On Friday, I took the girls and my parents to the Big Island. It was a good trip – hiked through a crater and lava tubes, watched lava flowing into the ocean, went to Black Sand Beach and some other stuff. When we got there, they didn’t have the rental vehicle that I reserved. They finally upgraded us to a 4x4 Ford Explorer – huge vehicle, uncomfortable drivers seat, badly designed 3rd row of seats – plus a gas guzzler. I was just happy to have a vehicle at that point. On the 2nd day, we sent down to Pahoa to watch the lava flow into the ocean. It was after dark when we left. I managed to hit a wild boar. Quite the thump!! There was no damage to the front of the vehicle – apparently, I ran over his head (2 puncture holes from his tusks in the tire) and that spun his body around to hit the side of the Explorer. While we were checking out the vehicle, someone apparently drug the boar off the road. The girls love telling everyone that I ran over a wild boar...lol!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Catina! Other countries, wild boars, pregnant......I just can't compete:) I can relate to missing a hubby though! I miss you so much! It's great keeping up with you guys on here!!!

    ReplyDelete