Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

I woke up at 2:30am on Mother's Day to hear Amelia say "I think I'm going to throw up!". Lovely way to start the day. We ended up going to church because her class was singing. She did a great job :) The rest of the day was spent relaxing.

Jeff got home on Tuesday for a brief stay before they head out on the 6 month deployment. There is so much to get done before he leaves, but I'm trying to ignore the deadline!

Amelia is still struggling to get over her double ear infection. Poor thing can't get past the fever so we are heading back to the doctor tomorrow. She went with her class on a field trip to Kualoa Ranch. It was very hot and she got tired quickly. The class went to the aquaculture - shrimp farm. I even threw out a shrimp net! Then they went to the petting zoo - bunnies, ostrich, monkey, donkey, goats, horses, sheep, llama and even a cow!

Jeff had to work a little this morning. When he got home, we went to the Marina Fun Day at Rainbow Marina. We all went out on a pontoon boat and a paddle boat. Jeff and Madalyn went out on a kayak. Madalyn thought it was the best thing ever!! I was so amazed. Amelia was obviously not feeling like herself yet and didn't want to try the kayak, but I think she will next time.

Now Jeff and I are getting ready to head out to the Ali'i Kai catamaran for a dinner cruise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment