Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Midway...

Midway through the week. A not so gentle reminder of all the stuff I need to get done by Saturday. Of course, I'm waiting for USPS to deliver something before I can get started.

Today was paddling. Got to love Hawaii! I got a call from school at 1:30pm (school gets out at 1:15 on Wednesdays). Anyways, the girls missed the bus. Last Wednesday, they had a visual arts class after school. Apparently they really liked it because they thought it was every Wednesday. So they stayed after school to go to the class! After homework, they were back outside to play with friends.

I thought I would share a recipe for Peach Salsa from my friend Kate. It is so good!! I'm making it next week for the hail and farewell party.

Kate's Peach Salsa
16 oz canned peaches-chopped
4 plum tomatoes-chopped
4 green onions-chopped
1 tbs. chopped cilantro
1 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. lime juice
1 ts. honey
salt/pepper to taste

I always double the recipe b/c one batch is NEVER enough! I would make it early in the day or even the night before so all the flavors marry together.

No comments:

Post a Comment