Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Woohoo! Back to School!

The kids didn't complain when I woke them up at 6am. They got dressed quickly (a small miracle for Madalyn who gets easily distracted by books) and were ready to go to the bus stop 20 minutes early!!

I enjoyed my freedom and went to get my hair done - color, highlight, haircut, eyebrow wax (1st time...ouch!!) and Jeff didn't notice!! It's not like she trimmed my hair. I got a lot of cut off and my hair is much darker now. He is just in his own world. I'll give him a break since he did have a 13 hour day at work. {But I reserve the right to hold it against him later if need be} :) Amelia noticed my hair within seconds of walking in the front door. She is a detail orientated kid. If I can't find something, I just ask Amelia and she usually knows where it is at!

The kids got home early today (they get out early every Wednesday - it's like they never go to school...LOL). Once their homework was done, they were back outside finding friends to play with. Amelia was worn out by dinner time. I think Madalyn must have been tired too because she didn't make her normal 10 trips downstairs to delay going to bed. We'll see how fast they get up tomorrow morning!

Here is a picture of the girls with their friend Emma. (Notice that Madalyn & Emma are almost the same heighth - Emma turns 11 next week!) Madalyn is wearing one of her favorite shirts. She would wear her soccer uniform everyday if it was clean! Amelia is wearing her favorite white skirt. It is almost too small and not quite as white as it used to be (red dirt is not nice to white clothing). She loves it though. I need to find a replacement!

No comments:

Post a Comment