Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a day...

Today did not go exactly as planned. Jeff got up at 3:30am to go the boat. They were leaving today. I had a SOWC meeting this morning. I caught a ride with a friend so I could drive Jeff's car home. Got home and did some work while waiting for the girls to get home from school. About 2:30pm, I started to wonder why the bus was late. A few minutes later my neighbor calls to tell me the girls went to her house. I normally leave the front door open, but the flies have been bad so I shut it today. It was still unlocked though. The girls saw the door shut - didn't try the door, ring the door bell, or knock. They just went to Yuno's house. They love to go there so I think they jumped at the chance. So they finally get home and we run out to Hickam to watch Jeff's boat leave. The girls had a great time watching the crabs climb on the wall. Then we finally see the submarine come out of West Loch. Then it turns back towards Pearl Harbor (not the way out to sea!). So we go home and find out the boat will be here for another day. I checked my facebook account and people are talking about school being cancelled. I'm like "What the heck!". The forecast is predicting heavy winds and rain. "Predicting" being the operative word. It's a little windy now, but nothing major. They cancelled all public schools on 5 of the Hawaiian islands! Tomorrow was going to be first chance to go paddling in almost a month. So now the girls have another 4 day weekend. Keep in mind, they have only had one and half days of school since December 19th! One good thing came of today - we got to go to the Mongolian BBQ with JoAnne and the kids tonight. The girls love it there just because they get to run around and play with all the kids on the grassy areas. So they were sweaty and tired by the time we got home. Hopefully they sleep in a little tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment