Monday, January 19, 2009

Sara...

Today was the funeral for Sara Olson. She was my preschool Sunday school teacher. Amazing woman. She was 106 years old and never missed a beat. When I saw her last summer, she still remembered my name, my husband and my kids! Sara had a wonderful personality and will be missed by everyone. God bless you Sara.

Our day... I woke up to Madalyn crying. The "Funky Owl" toy she bought last night broke. The head broke right off. She was devastated. She said that the store only had one and she wanted me to fix it. No amount of hot glue was going to keep that head on. After many tears and lots of "but it's my favorite toy", I finally convinced her that we could return it and find something different. She did cut out a picture of it and put it on a piece of paper with it's date and name. Kind of looked like a head stone. Poor girl. So we went back to Toys R Us and got a replacement animal - this time a dog and cat. The girls spent the afternoon playing outside. Boy I do love Hawaii. I spent the afternoon cleaning the bathrooms and doing laundry. We had pancakes with cooked apples for dinner. Madalyn really wanted pancakes for breakfast, but we got up a little late so I promised we would have them for dinner. The girls took a bath and are ready to go back to school tomorrow! Yeah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment