Saturday, January 10, 2009

Two Day Update

Oops - missed a day. Yesterday was super busy. Jeff forgot his ID on the boat so we all got up at 6:30am to take him to work. I tried to go back to bed, but the girls were up for the day. They came in about 7am with a sign...

In case you can't read it, it says "Out of order downstairs bathroom. No using 14 squares only 3. It was not us." Haha!! Now, how did they know that someone used 14 squares?? Hmmm... and notice they are quick to say it wasn't them.

We were busy cleaning and cooking for the baby shower and farewell I had today. Madalyn loves to cook so she helped out too. Amelia was a great help cleaning. She takes after her father. I don't know where Madalyn got her love of cooking - definitely not from me! To add to everything else I needed to do, the full jug of milk sprang a leak. Luckily, I had not mopped the floor yet. I didn't plan on cleaning the frig though. It did cheer me up to get a call from NFCU. They agreed to correct the error caused by their representative (they suggested and opened an account that the girls didn't qualify for...duh!) Anyways, I'm glad it is resolved. Last night, we went to the airport to pick up a lei for the guest of honor. I'm still not sure which lei stand to go to. There are like 10 of them all in a row and they all look the same - big signs with little ladies sitting putting together leis!

Today we were up early to get everything ready for the party. Here is what I served - cucumber sandwiches, fruit salad, lemon poppy seed muffins, mini quiches, mushroom turnovers, cranberry chicken salad with mini croissants, cottage cheese dip (very yummy) with veggies and crackers, and a homemade strawberry cheesecake! The girls were thrilled that there were leftovers. JoAnne got some great gifts. One that I hadn't seen before was called a bottle buddy. It was a sea turtle too- perfect for Hawaii (http://www.uncommongifts.com/ - if you are interested). She also got matching outfits for all her girls. Nice idea!

The rest of today was spent relaxing while the girls played with friends. Amelia got caught out in the rain a couple times (maybe on purpose, you never know with her). Jeff went for a run. Now, Madalyn is busy finishing up her Sunday School homework. I'm looking forward to going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment