Saturday, January 31, 2009

Much Better...

Today was much better than yesterday. The girls were up at 6am but they let me sleep in. The living room was a complete disaster though. This morning we ran some errands and while we were out, I got a call from Jeff!! It was great to talk to him. He left on January 16th for a very stressful time at sea - TRE, two bosses (current CO and new CO) plus lots of work to do. He sounded good and he is looking forward to coming home. They were doing an unassisted landing and since I knew they were currently docked, we drove by to see the sub. Jeff was down inside so we didn't see him though. The CO saw me drive by and called to see if I had my camera. He wanted a picture of the sub in front of the USS Missouri and the Arizona Memorial. Someone was supposed to go out on the tug but didn't show up. So I ran home and got the camera and the big lens! We made it back to base just in time to get some great pictures. I was a little worried that some base police would pull up and yell at me. There was no way to hid my massive lens so I just hoped for the best!! There is a big sign at the base entrance that says "No Photography" but you always see lots of homecoming pictures. There must be some exceptions. The rest of the day was uneventful. The girls played outside and got very hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment